The advantages of being a 30-something in 2018
Having another birthday in your thirties, isn’t that bad, is it? Here is my list of benefits of being a 30-something in 2018, in no particular order.
- We don’t have to slum it while travelling overseas anymore.
No more hostels. And trip-advisor is there to guide the way
- Experience of entertainment technology, early to late
We may be able to play music or shows online from a smartphone, cast on televisions and speakers all over the house, but we still have VHS tapes, somewhere in the cupboard and know what it means to ‘rewind’ something.
- We’re not too cool to listen to any type of music
Whether it’s 70s, 30s, or being the first ones to like grunge in the 90s (before it became mainstream), we can handle it
- A time with and without smartphones
We can remember a time when you had no choice but to wait for someone to show up, with few options of contacting them
- Social Media
We’re not addicted to, yet can cope with Social Media
We remember a time when YOUR type of films were being released almost every month.
Has TV killed the movie star? (See what I did there?)
- We have read poetry in our lifetime
- We know what we want to be when we grow up
- We value the people who make time for us
- We have blogs that take up too much time, when we should be writing and/or editing